NDTech is a division of Electro-Mechanical Components, Inc. – a manufacturing company marketing specialized nondestructive testing equipment. NDTech division was formed in 1982 to provide consulting services in a variety of nondestructive testing (NDT) areas. NDTech currently has agreements with major oil companies, process industries, chemical manufacturers, and heavy industry organizations involving research and development projects as well as marketing, organizational, and engineering applications of NDT.
NDTech has provided consultant services for the following firms and organizations: Exxon Research and Engineering Company, Exxon Company, U.S.A., Exxon Chemical Company, Mobil Oil Corp., Pennsylvania Power and Light Company, Standard Oil Company (Indiana), Champion International Corp., Essex Chemical Company, Materials Technology Institute of the Chemical Process Industries, TUV (Rheinisch-Westfallischen), Lagoven, S.A. (Venezuela), Exxon Chemical Pakistan, Ltd., and American Standard – Heat Transfer Division.
- Devoted over fifteen years research to flaw detection/analysis and material characterization.
- Engaged in practical application of eddy current, acoustic emission, and thermal scanning techniques.
- Worked on vibration analysis techniques for localizing structural metal loss and damage. Has been very involved in the application of a variety of NDT methods to implement onstream inspection of petrochemical equipment.
- Instrumental in the development of a portable ultrasonic flaw identification instrument and practical analog technique for evaluation of UT flaw signatures.
- Involved in training and certification of more than 250 engineering personnel to ASNT Levels I and II in UT, RT, PT, MT, and ET.
- Designed and fabricated prototype NDT hardware and components to assist in the field application of ultrasonics, eddy current, and visual inspection techniques.