Radiography is one of the greatest advancements in science, especially in the field of medicine. But radiography is not restricted to the field of medicine alone as we have industrial radiography as well that is used for a lot of purposes apart from that of the medical needs, and that is why radiography came as a solution to a lot of problems and requirements that were existing in different fields. We have always had shallow knowledge when it comes to radiography, and that is why we are going to dig a little deeper and explore a lot of facts.
History of radiography:
Roentgen was the first person to theoretically and practically propound the theory of radiography. His invention of radiography came as a solution to a lot of problems that didn’t exist earlier. Almost all the people, be it a common man or a science professional, were interested in the idea and that is how it later got developed b incorporating latest scientific advancements.
Types of Radiography:
- Radiography is simply an imaging technique. It is the process of turning the image of a physical object on to a sheet of paper for further study and use. That is why radiography gained a lot of significance. Because an idea of that sort never existed earlier before Roentgen could put his head to use. This process that uses x-rays is divided into two categories, and they are, computed radiography and projectional radiography.
- The primary difference between the two lies in the type of image that comes as output. While in computed radiography the images are turned into 2D images, in projectional radiography it turns into 3D images. Both types of results have their own significance, and it depends on the field in which it is used. To our amazement, these techniques are also used in airport security checking.
- Apart from this, we should also remember that industrial radiography is also present and that is a separate subject that we have to talk about. Though we primarily classified radiography as computed and projectional based on the results that they give, we must remember that there are a lot of variations in radiography such as fluoroscopy, angiography, contrast radiography, absorptiometry and much more.
Benefits of radiography:
- One of the major places where radiography is used is in the field of medicine, and that is the reason as to why we are sticking to that.
- It gives scope for better medical management and also makes sure that patients are benefited out of it.
- It is one of the harmless methods of scanning, and it gives scope for identifying even some of the toughest diseases of the world.